I’ve been trying to avoid the ‘C’ word for a while now, but it looks as though it’s creeping up regardless and we’re powerless to stop it! I thought I’d put together some gift guides for ideas and inspiration for every budget, starting with £15/$20 and under (part 1 of 3).
While I put this together for those with chronic illness/chronic pain in mind, they’re equally suited to those without chronic conditions. Some products I own and use myself so I personally recommend them, others I’ve not tried. It’s a guide for gifting to others and self-gifting in the name of self-care and small joys.
Winter warmers are a top choice when it comes to Christmas gifting – and self-gifting in the colder months! I rely on my thermal gloves a lot so they’re a fantastic investment. I also use my very funky Oddsocks arm warmers for around the house because I get creepy cold arms as my body doesn’t regulate temperature well.
The SockSnob website has a fantastic range of designs and brands, including the Heat Holders gloves I love. I’d personally recommend the Heat Holders cable knit and Trondheim designs (fairisle or stripey). They’re super soft, fleece-lined, and 2.5tog for warmth. I own both (one purchased, one kindly gifted by SockSnob). They are chunkier gloves for super warmth, but the size S/M even fits my small paws better than other gloves I’ve tried in the past. You can also find the SockSnob range on Amazon UK and Amazon US with plenty of other winter warmers like thermal socks, blankies and scarves.
- Heat Holders Cable Knit Women’s Gloves – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Heat Holders Trondheim Thermal Gloves – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- THMO Women’s Thermal Socks Fairisle – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- THMO Men’s Thermal Socks – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Heat Holders Large Thermal Blanket – Amazon UK / (similar on Amazon US)
- Oddsocks Arm Warmers – Amazon UK / Amazon US
Adam Kay is becoming quite the doctor-turned-comedic-author superstar. I’ve previously reviewed his first book, This Is Going To Hurt. It was a painfully good read, blending fascinating insight with cutting humour that will test your bladder strength. I’ve not laughed so much in a long time! His new book looks set to be a big hit, and I can’t wait to read it! is available in hardback, on Kindle and as an Audiobook.
- This Is Going To Hurt by Adam Kay – Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depository (free worldwide delivery)
- Twas The Nightshift Before Christmas by Adam Kay – Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depository
Art can be great therapy and there are plenty of mediums to suit all types of interests and projects.
- Bic Fineliner pens – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- The ever popular Sharpies – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Faber-Castell watercolour pencils – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Simple quality with Staedtler colouring pencils – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Arteza Watercolour Brush Pens – Amazon UK / Amazon US
Yoga & Fitness Accessories
Yoga and mindfulness practices can have incredible benefits for anyone, and a little gentle stretching can also work wonders for loosening up your body. I thought I’d also include something I spotted the other day and will probably pick up soon, a balance cushion (no.4), as this one is really intriguing!
- Toplus Yoga Mat – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Resistance Bands – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Trideer Gym Ball – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Trideer Balance Cushion (for core strengthening, pain & posture) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
Adult colouring books are incredibly popular, and there are now heaps of design styles to choose from, whether you want flowers, fairies, fantasy or something with a dash of humour.
- Enchanted Forest (by Johanna Basford) – Amazon UK / Amazon US / Book Depository
- Mindful Mandalas – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Escape To Wonderland – Amazon UK / Amazon US / Book Depository
- Fantastic Animals : A Wild Adult Colouring Book – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- A Swear Word Coloring Book F*ckity F*ck F*ck F*ck – Amazon UK / Amazon US
Practical but lovely to receive, water bottles and mugs can make a sweet gift to bring a smile with each sip.
- Super Sparrow BPA-free Water Bottle – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Fox Sake Mug – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Colour-changing Unicorn Mug – Amazon UK / Amazon US
Make Your Own Gift Hamper
To gift a few smaller things, a DIY hamper is a great idea to make it look a little more special. Fill a wooden or wicker basket with small treats they may like, their favourite sweets, hot chocolate, a bookmark, hand cream etc. It’s thoughtfulness wrapped up in a ribbon.
Amazon Gift Card
A gift card for Amazon can be as convenient for you as it is versatile for the recipient. Send by post or email, and redeem against whatever the recipient wants and needs across the widest range of goodies online.
Small gifts can be some of the sweetest, while also sticking to a budget. These can be for self-care, pain relief, pampering or boosting wellbeing.
- Epsom Salts – Amazon UK / Boots UK / Amazon US
- Tiger Balm – Amazon UK / Boots UK / Amazon US
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream – Amazon UK / Boots UK / Amazon US
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Deep Moisture Gift Set – Amazon UK / Amazon US
- Tisserand Happy Vibes Roller Ball – Amazon UK / Boots UK / Amazon US
- Tisserand Everyday Essentials Aromatherapy Roller Ball Gift Set – Amazon UK
Not got Amazon Prime? I always sign up for a month at Christmas to get free next day delivery, access to Prime-only deals and to check out the latest Prime video series on offer. It gets more use this time of year for me so it’s a worthwhile investment. Find out more & see if you’re eligible for an Amazon Prime free trial in the US or Amazon Prime in the UK here.
Want more inspiration? Check out the other Gift Guide posts :
I’d love to know if you use any of these, or if there are any suggestions here you’d like to try for yourself or buy for someone else this Christmas. Do you have any ideas to add to the list?