Christmas Gift Guide : £15-40 / $20-50

This is the 2nd Gift Guide post, a mid-budget round-up for £15-40 / $20-50. While I put this together for those with chronic illness/chronic pain in mind, most ideas are equally suited to those without chronic conditions. Some products I own and use myself so I personally recommend them, others I’ve not tried. It’s a guide for gifting to others and self-gifting in the name of self-care and small joys.

Home Gadgets

Home gadgets for health, wellbeing & day to day tasks can help make things a little easier.

1. Levoit Water Filter Jug (previously reviewed & recommended here) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. Crock-Pot 4.7L Slow Cooker – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. Morphy Richards 3.5L Slow Cooker – Amazon UK
  4. Breville BlendActive Smoothie Maker – Amazon UK / Similar on Amazon US
  5. Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen (on sale at time of writing) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  6. Handheld Vacuum – Amazon UK (ie. the Vax Gator vac) / Amazon US

Winter Warmers

Brrr! Keep away the chill with an electric blanket for the bed, a heated throw for snuggling on the sofa, and a portable rechargeable hand warmer to keep your paws toasty warm.

1. Electric Blanket (ie. Silentnight Comfort Control) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. Heated Throw (ie. Schallen Throw) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. Ocoopa Rechargeable Hand Warmer – Amazon UK / Amazon US

TENS Machine

There are lots of TENS units available on Amazon, designed to help with various types of pain. Prices can vary considerably but there are plenty in the under £40/$50 category.

1. Med-fit – the NHS supplier of TENS machines – Amazon UK
  2. Omron E3 TENS unit – Amazon UK
  3. TechCare TENS – Amazon UK / Amazon US

Massage Heaven

For aches and pains, massagers can be wonderful and those with chronic pain may particularly benefit from them. There are different formats depending on the area you want to focus on, like handheld massagers for more versatility, neck and shoulder massagers, and even belts for the lower back.

1. HoMedics Handheld Massager – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. Shiatsu Neck & Shoulder Massager – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. Hangsun Handheld Massager – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  4. QuickWin Heated Massage Waist/Lower Back Belt – Amazon UK / Amazon US

Aromatherapy

There’s a fantastic range of aromatherapy diffusers on Amazon, so you can find something that would suit your taste or that of the person you’re buying for. Some are more plastic and contemporary in appearance, others are a little rustic and natural. Most have auto shut-off functions for safety and light settings to help create a relaxing environment, helping with the likes of sleep and anxiety.

1. Tenswall Essential Oil Diffuser (wood grain effect with Cool Mist & 7 Colour Changing LED Lights) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. Pattern Diffuser (with a cylindrical design, light & pattern for decoration) – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. VicTsing Diffuser (small & sleek, with 8 light settings) – Amazon UK / Amazon US

Gift An Experience

Gift experiences can be a great alternative to buying ‘stuff’. It’s more convenient when you can go when best suits you, and there are lots of choices to suit all ages, tastes and interests, even on a budget.

Some can be found through on online generalist sites – take a look at all gift experiences available on Amazon UK & Amazon US.

BuyAGift (UK) also have a huge range on offer. For instance, afternoon tea for two at the likes of Cafe Rouge and lots of hotels across the country, with prices starting from just £19. There are also pampering & beauty treatments from £29. For more active things to do on a budget, there are experiences like like vineyard & brewery tours, water zorbing, paintballing, indoor skydiving, river cruises, and my favourite… chocolate tours!

Fitness Tracker

There are some great cheaper fitness band / smart watch style alternatives if the likes of Fitbits are out of your budget. All of these have reasonable reviews and ratings, with a range of features and all come with heart rate monitoring abilities.

1. Letsfit Fitness Tracker – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. Letscom Fitness Tracker – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. Honor Band 5 – Amazon UK / Amazon US

Himalayan Salt Lamp

These bad boys are supposed to have numerous possible benefits to health and overall wellbeing, from breathing, allergies and blood flow, to energy levels, sleep and mood. If nothing else, they’re pretty and relaxing to look at! Just note they can be toxic to pets, so don’t let them lick them.

1. Levoit Himalayan salt lamp with steel base – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  2. The Body Source Himalayan salt lamp with wooden base – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  3. Himalayan salt lamp with a metal basket, forest design – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  4. Himalayan salt lamp in black metal heart basket – Amazon UK / Amazon US
  5. HALOViE Himalayan salt crystal cube lamp – Amazon UK / Amazon US

Too pricey? You can also check out my ideas on a budget, for gifting under £15 / $20 here.

I’d love to know if you use any of these, or if there are any suggestions here you’d like to try for yourself or buy for someone else this Christmas. Do you have any ideas to add to the list?

Caz  ♥

1. November 21, 2019 / 5:02 pm

What a lot of great ideas. Thanks for putting them all together!

• November 24, 2019 / 4:38 pm

Thank you, glad you liked them! I hope the week ahead is a good one for you and all the animals on their travels 😊x

2. November 21, 2019 / 5:04 pm

You have put a great list together Caz……..I LOVE my salt lamp, my TENS machine, my back massager and my oil diffuser……… 🙂
    I hope today is treating you well!

• November 24, 2019 / 4:58 pm

I’ll have to come to you for recommendations then, Wendi! How do you find your salt lamp benefits you? I’m very curious about these, so many people find them helpful in different ways. Thank you for the comment lovely  ♥ xx

3. November 21, 2019 / 5:16 pm

The rechargeable hand warmer- a hundred times YES! Great compilation article of perfect gift ideas! ❤️❤️

• November 24, 2019 / 5:20 pm

I had no idea they existed until I was doing research for this gift guide, I definitely need to try one too! Really pleased you liked the post, Leanne. Thanks for the comment! I hope the week ahead is a good one for you 😊 xx

4. November 21, 2019 / 5:40 pm

I love the ideas! Never seen a hand warmer before. That’s something I could use. The suggestions are practical and budget-priced. The one thing I don’t need is a Echo Dot. I have 3 devices already. lol

• November 24, 2019 / 5:24 pm

I hadn’t seen those rechargeable hand warmers before either until I was doing research for the gift guide. I could definitely use one of those too! Those three smart speakers you have, is that so you can use them in different rooms or because they do slightly different things? They seem pretty damn useful & enjoyable. I thought they’d just be a passing fad but it looks like they’re retaining popularity. Thanks for the comment, Darnell. I hope you’re having a restful weekend 😊 x

5. November 21, 2019 / 5:52 pm

These are some fabulous suggestions Caz! I love my slow cooker, and use it all the time. It makes preparing a meal much easier – all you have to do is put everything in and let the slow cooker do the work. Of course, the heating pad is a must for anyone with chronic pain, I think, and you already know I love my Echo. It helps me keep track of things, especially on those days when the Fibro fog has kicked in. I have to check out that hand warmer for my Pop. His hands freeze in the winter time. Thanks for some great ideas!

• November 26, 2019 / 10:15 am

I never knew these rechargeable hand warmers existed until I was doing research for this post, but they’re such a good idea. I imagine it would be perfect your for pop if he struggles with cold hands, and I find cold hands can actually be quite painful, especially if you already have painful joints. I still haven’t tried a slow cooker but you really do make it sound so tempting! Thank you for the lovely comment, Terri  ♥ xx

6. November 21, 2019 / 8:15 pm

Wow! What a list! I want one of everything, of course. To use all at once! Okay, all joking aside, you really did an awesome job ferreting out some really cool gadgets, every one of which I’d love to try. I’m including a link to both in my holiday post. Mine will post on Monday and it’s HUGE! You were smart to break yours up! By the way, I just wanted to note that salt lamps can be toxic to pets. My cats would definitely lick themselves to death on one. The little freaks lick the salt off the rim of my water glass and beg me for potato chips! They’re luck they’re so cute. LOL. Hope you’re doing well. xx

• November 26, 2019 / 10:17 am

Hahaha you sound like me – I want everything, all at once too 😂Good note on the salt lamps, I hadn’t realised that. I’ll add a note to the post, thank you! Your epic gift guide has blown mine out of the water – you did an amazing job with it, Mykie!! xx

7. November 21, 2019 / 8:53 pm

Gift experiences are a lovely idea, especially if you do the activity with the other person as well because it also means you spend some time with them. We haven’t done it for Christmas yet, but the last few birthdays have involved some kind of gift experience and it was a lovely way to make the other person happy and also make some memories.

That’s a good selection of ideas there – something for everyone XX

• November 26, 2019 / 10:38 am

Absolutely, gifted experiences can be a great alternative. I would say a ‘but’ here because I do think it’s important to keep the recipient in mind. It needs to be something they’d want to do, that they’re physically able to do, where it’s flexible in terms of booking, where it’s nearby so they don’t have to unwillingly travel miles. Otherwise it just adds on stress, which is a shame. There’s a lot of two-person things which I think is fab too if you want some company 😊Thanks for the comment lovely.xx

8. November 22, 2019 / 6:48 am

I keep thinking that if I don’t acknowledge xmas, it’ll go away — but I do enjoy looking at your gift ideas. a friend from Romania told me that there folks go into salt mines as well as to seashore to heal all sorts of things so maybe that’s the idea behind the salt lamp?

• November 26, 2019 / 10:45 am

That’s the same ignorance-is-bliss tactic I’d been using too, da-AL! 😂 You’re right about the salt mines. There are still some ‘salt caves’ that you can experience in some places, where I imagine the effect is far greater as you’re literally surrounded by the stuff. Eventually I’ll cave in to the curiosity and try a salt lamp myself and I’ll let you know what they’re like. They certainly seem to get a lot of raving reviews. And they do look pretty! xx

9. November 22, 2019 / 2:50 pm

I hadn’t really thought that there would be generic fitness trackers out – my sisters all have fitbits and for some reason those things just annoy me, but i might like something less fussy.

• November 26, 2019 / 11:23 am

Going by Google, there are quite a few lesser-known makes and models, but it took a bit of digging through to find ones that seemed to have adequate functions and good reviews to include them here. I think it’s a lower risk option to see if these type suit you as they’re a heck of a lot cheaper than the Apple/Fitbit etc fitness watches and trackers. xx

10. November 22, 2019 / 6:02 pm

Thank you Caz for the great information you have provided! You have definitely helped me think of things to get family for Christmas!

• November 26, 2019 / 11:27 am

Glad you liked the ideas 😊 And well done on making your big decision recently!! xx

11. November 23, 2019 / 11:46 am

This is a great gift guide, The Himalayan salt lamps look amazing! thank you for sharing, a great read. Xx

• November 26, 2019 / 11:34 am

The salt lamps really do look pretty funky, I’m particularly curious about those! Glad you liked the gifting ideas, Charlotte. Thanks for the comment 😊 xx

12. November 23, 2019 / 2:04 pm

A lot of nice stuff. I also have salt lamps, and air purifiers in the house. Thanks for sharing all the nice thing. Sending Lots of Healing Energies your way <3 <3 <3

• November 26, 2019 / 11:40 am

Air purifiers are brilliant, I’m recommending those in the next post 😉 I’m curious about salt lamps. What kind of benefit(s) have you experienced with yours, Deepa? Thank you for the lovely comment! xx

13. November 23, 2019 / 6:06 pm

I’ll take a few of the warmers and the massagers. Good list!

• November 26, 2019 / 11:43 am

I’d like to ask Santa for the same! 😉Have a great rest of your week, Jacqui.xx

14. November 23, 2019 / 10:00 pm

Loved reading these gift ideas, Caz!

• November 26, 2019 / 3:53 pm

Aw glad you liked them, thanks! I hope you’re keeping well, Tamara 😊 When do you get home? xx

15. November 24, 2019 / 3:56 pm

Great ideas here! I especially love your winter warmer section. I always need something to keep me toasty!

• November 26, 2019 / 3:54 pm

I love winter warmers, too! Do you feel the cold a lot as well? I hope you can wrap up warm & have a good rest of your week lovely  ♥ xx