Frugal Friday [ 26/04/2019 ]

Happy Friday! The week has gone again in the blink of an eye, as has the sunshine; it’s back to grey skies, rain & cold here in the UK. Keep warm & dry & check out a few Frugal Friday picks for this weekend πŸ™‚

Free Cat Behaviour Guide

Want to figure out what cats are trying to tell you? Their crafty little minds work in mysterious ways, but Cats Protection have made a book to help you decipher cat behaviour. It’s an 18 page guide that covers the normal behaviours of a cat, understanding cat body language, dos & don’ts for caring for your cat, and tips to ensure your kittykat has the best life possible. This is UK only & can be requested here.

Cat with a slouched posture as though he is chilling out, sat on his bottom with hind legs spread and front paws out in front.
Just chillin’

Free Ladybird Books Activity Pack For Little Ones

One for those with kids – Sign up to the Ladybird books email newsletter & they’ll send out a free activity pack for the little ones. Each month they’ll also email you a selection of activities, stories & ideas to β€˜grow little readers’. Seems suitable for worldwide sign-ups as the activities are printable.

Free Glow In The Dark Poster From The BHF

This is a great freebie (sadly UK only) for educational purposes, perhaps for children, yourself, schools or the local area. It’s a glow in the dark poster from the British Heart Foundation to show the connection between heart diseases, stroke and vascular dementia through the circulatory system. One poster per person. Order yours here.

Bookish Inspiration

Check out The Book Depository for their Most Wished book list to get some inspiration for your next read. There’s lots of variety & they have great prices, but I particularly like they’re free worldwide delivery with no minimum spend! Check it out here.

Converse Sale & Discount Code

I’ve posted before about Converse sales as I think they’re great, and I rarely ever buy anything full price these days – they have another big sale on at the moment, woohooo. Free delivery over Β£50 and free returns. There’s also an extra 10% discount (enter this where where asks for a promo code in the shopping basket) when you use the code ‘Extra10’ – take a mooch at the sale here.

Audible : Free 30 Day Trial & Audiobook

These trials are a great way to try out audiobooks & see if you like them, discovering a range of listening material that can be a great alternative for when you need help relaxing but can’t concentrate on reading a book or your hands hurt to hold one. The trials are free for 30 days to new customers of the service and you can cancel any time, no strings attached.

UK : You can sign up through Amazon UK for a free 30 day trial of Audible here and get a bonus audiobook, too. After that it’s Β£7.99 per month to get access to a range of audiobooks, free exchanges, free audio shows and one audiobook included each month. What’s more Prime customers will get a 90 day free trial but this offer ends soon. Sign up here & cancel any time.

US : This Amazon US 30 day free Audible membership here comes with 2 audiobooks & 2 Audible Originals for free. After the trial you get to choose 3 titles each month as part of the $14.95 subscription.

Free Kindle Thriller

Shadows Of Regret by Ross Greenwood sounds like a gritty, emotive, thrilling read and it gets a 4.5 star rating from readers – this is currently free for Kindle download on Amazon. Woohoo! Worth a try when it doesn’t cost a penny & you may just discover a great new author. Get yours here for UK. Get it here for US.

Whatever the weekend has in store for you, I hope it’s as relaxing & low-pain as possible.

Caz  β™₯

1. April 26, 2019 / 4:13 pm

Love your Frugal Fridays. I got my copy of Shadows Of Regret downloaded on my Kindle PaperWhite. Thank you Caz and have a wonderful weekend.

• April 27, 2019 / 3:54 pm

Aw I’m glad you liked them, and I hope you like the book, too! Can’t go wrong when it’s free πŸ˜‰
      Have yourself a great weekend my friend.x

2. April 26, 2019 / 4:33 pm

Frugal is a good thing. We go for frugal whenever we can.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. β™₯

• April 27, 2019 / 3:53 pm

I’m a frugal fan, too. Why pay more than you need to? It’s the smart move to be careful, especially when money’s tight. Thanks for the comment – hope you both have a lovely weekend πŸ™‚

3. April 26, 2019 / 5:34 pm

what an adorable kitty pic! & of course, frugal = smart – great picks, Caz

• April 27, 2019 / 3:52 pm

Frugal is smart, and sometimes we have no choice but to be smart! Thanks for the comment, glad you liked the picks for this week πŸ™‚

• April 27, 2019 / 3:51 pm

Thanks – hope you have a lovely weekend too! πŸ™‚

4. April 27, 2019 / 2:32 am

Love this list! I’m definitely checking out Shadows of Regret. I need a book to read at night. πŸ˜€

• April 27, 2019 / 3:49 pm

I hope you like it if you do download it – can’t go too wrong when it’s free! πŸ˜‰

5. April 27, 2019 / 5:05 pm

such kind offers!
    frugal is dignified
    & sounds better
    than cheap πŸ™‚

• April 28, 2019 / 10:06 pm

You’re right, frugal does have a better ring to it. Thanks for the comment! I hope you have a lovely week ahead πŸ™‚
      x

6. April 27, 2019 / 10:53 pm

I love your Frugal Friday posts Caz! As always, you’ve done a fabulous job of curating some outstanding deals. I probably need the Cat Behavior Guide…. For some reason, my parents’ cat absolutely hates me! I promise I’ve never done anything bad to her and haven’t even spoken a harsh word to her except when she was actively charging at me to attack me. When my Pop was in the hospital I ended up staying at the house with her by myself because my Mom wanted to stay at the hospital with him. I wasn’t really sure she wouldn’t attack me while I slept….😁 Hope you’re having a great weekend, and that it’s warming up a little for you.

• April 28, 2019 / 10:10 pm

Aw I’m so glad you like the Frugal Friday posts, Terri, that gives me motivation do keep going with them every now and then! Β β™₯
      Some cats… well, they’re just evil. No rhyme or reason. Have you tried having a heart to heart with her, taking her little paw and trying to call a truce? Maybe she’s intimidated and jealous that you’re more loved by your parents than she is. Or maybe she’s just plain mean! I’m glad you survived that night to tell the tale, Terri! πŸ˜€
      Thank you for such a great comment – I hope the week ahead treats you well. Lots of love to you & I hope your pops and furbaby are as well as possible..xx

7. April 28, 2019 / 3:12 pm

Free kitty guide πŸ˜€ Thank you, I need to understand my kitten a bit better!

• April 28, 2019 / 10:05 pm

Rule 1 – Merlin is in charge now.
      That’s all you need to know πŸ˜€

• May 1, 2019 / 12:49 pm

So true! I’ve lost my spot on the sofa because he’s so cute when he’s sleeping and I don’t want to move him πŸ˜€

8. April 30, 2019 / 6:50 pm

I love my Audible books! You can get some really long ones too, which give you hours of entertainment! I have a paid subscription now, but the free one is a good way to try it out.

• May 2, 2019 / 5:31 pm

I must admit I don’t think I could do audiobooks, but I think they’re a fantastic idea. Do you listen to fiction or non-fiction, or a bit of both?
      Thanks for the comment lovely, and I’m sorry I’ve not emailed you yet – I will soon, promise πŸ™‚

9. June 14, 2019 / 11:02 pm

I don’t know if a cat will let you know what it’s thinking–at least mine doesn’t. πŸ™‚

• June 15, 2019 / 2:53 pm

Very true, they do like to hide their emotions – and their (evil) intentions! πŸ˜‚