Frugal Friday : Black Friday Special [ 23/11/18 ]

Hellooooo Black Friday. It’s here, whether you love it, hate it, or simply don’t care. There’s no stopping the influx of emails and adverts about discounts and deals. It’s become more of a week-long event rather than a special day, but there are plenty of offers to be had (hence why I’m publishing this Thursday evening). I thought I’d round up a couple here, mostly UK-based. Part of being frugal is being smart, whether you’re buying for others or treating yourself – buying for a reason, not just the sake of it, and knowing that you’re getting a good price.

Enjoy! And to those who celebrate it – Have a lovely Thanksgiving!  🙂

Book Loving at The Book Depository

I love this place because they offer free delivery worldwide with no minimum spend. They tend to have great prices all year round but they have some extra discounts at the moment. Check out their Black Friday Deals here.

This includes the currently very popular kid’s book The Wonky Donky, J.K Rowling’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindleworld and the bookclub choice Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine.

The Works

The Works is fantastic for a range of things, from books and stationery to crafts, novelty gifts and games. They have a whole section of Black Friday goodies. For instance, there’s a book boxset of The Maze Runner for £8, along with their usual great prices such as £4 for a make your own hamper (awesome gift idea, will be doing this one myself this year).

You can get free click & collect to store, and use BLACK25 for up to 25% off when you spend £10.

Superdrug Beauty Buys

You can check out the range of Black Friday Deals at Superdrug here. In particular, I thought these are pretty good :

Hairburst Chewable Vitamins £9.99 (was £19.99)

BaByliss Vintage Glamour Ceramic Smooth 230 Hair Straighteners £19.99 (was £49.99) Love these designs!

BaByliss Vintage Glamour Hair Dryer £23.99 (was £39.99)

Gillette Fusion 5 Razor Set : Razor & 4 Replacement Blades £8.98 (was £17.99)

Oral B Pro 650 3D White Electric Toothbrush set £19.99 (was £49.99)

Amazing Amazon

Amazon are at the crux of Black Friday and they have regularly changing deals on a variety of things at the moment. You can check out their Black Friday UK deals here, and the US deals here.

The Shark vac at under £200 (usually £350) is a pricer option but a very tempting one. It’s a stick format, cordless and lightweight but with good suction power (no innuendos please). This seems like such a great idea, especially if you struggle with lifting and lumbering around a heavy, typical vac.

There’s also a neat diffuser from Yegu down to £19.99 for those who like aromatherapy. This looks pretty neat with an automatic sensor, different colours for ambiance, timed mist settings, auto off function etc.

One For The Disney Lovers

There’s up to 50% off the Disney Shop, too. Shame about having to pay for delivery and collection if you don’t have a nearby store to visit, but there’s lots of goodies included.

Free Fries!

Not an online deal, but a nice little freebie nonetheless. KFC are offering free fries via their KFC app on Friday. If you don’t already have the app, you can download it free. They’ve changed their fries recently so I’ve no idea what they’re like, but hey, they’re free! Nom nom.

Clothing, Gifts & Accessories

You can currently get 20% off everything at ASOS. Check out the website and enter the code ‘HELLO20’ at the checkout.

eBay Bargain Galore

There’s 40% off various eBay Outlets, such as the Very Clearance, Get The Label, Debenhams, Simply Be, Littlewoods, Crocs and more.  Find the full list here.

1. November 22, 2018 / 4:44 pm

Tomorrow is Black Friday here in the U.S. and I’m not going anywhere. I can’t take that kind of shopping.

I love Amazon. We shop there a lot.

Have a fabulous day, my friend. ♥

• November 23, 2018 / 5:42 pm

I’m not a fan of busy shops and high streets (or traffic jams) either. Online is easier and comfier for a little online window shopping. Happy Thanksgiving – have a lovely weekend 🙂

2. November 22, 2018 / 11:39 pm

The discounts you are showing seem better than what I’m seeing in the U.S. One retailer had some $300 Beats wireless headphones that I’d been looking at for $120 off, but in the end I felt wary of spending the $180 and passed. I like shopping if it includes lunch and a coffee drink.

• November 23, 2018 / 6:39 am

Nice of you to give a recap of this for those living in your area. Wow on those free fries… if I was there I would probably stop for some of those! lol! I hope you are doing well Caz. 🙂

• November 23, 2018 / 5:36 pm

Hah, I’m a sucker for freebies too! Thanks Christy, I hope you have a lovely weekend! =] xx

• November 23, 2018 / 5:38 pm

Lunch is better with a break for a nice lunch and drink, you’re absolutely right! I think you’re wise for being wary, it pays to shop around and keep in mind what offers have been on in the past to see whether it’s really a good deal or not. Maybe you could find some of the headphones you like in the January sales?x

3. November 23, 2018 / 8:08 am

Free fries. OMG yum! And 50% off at the Disney store. I am a HUGE Disney fan. Yes please. Wish that was in Australia.

• November 23, 2018 / 5:35 pm

Aw, doesn’t Australia have a version of the Disney’s online store? Free fries are pretty cool, shame I wasn’t able to get out to get any but it’s always nice to have a freebie. Have a good weekend lovely 🙂 x

4. November 23, 2018 / 2:37 pm

There are so many good deals to be had – thanks for putting this list together. Although I’ve hit my budget now! There are some really good deals on Feelunique too and it’s so easy to fill your basket from the comfort of your own home… Have a good weekend X

• November 23, 2018 / 5:33 pm

Yes, perhaps all too easy to fill your basket from the comfort of your own home..! Thanks lovely, you have a great weekend ahead too 🙂

5. November 23, 2018 / 5:31 pm

Thanks for sharing some more fabulous deals Caz! I don’t usually go out on Black Friday, though I may venture out for a few minutes this afternoon. Around here, it’s usually safe between lunchtime and around 3 p.m. . I have the corded version of the Shark vacuum that you featured and I absolutely love it! I got the one with the cord because I didn’t want to take a chance on the battery running down before I could get done with all the vacuuming, but I kind of wish I had the cordless one now. Either way, it’s a fantastic vacuum and does a great job on everything for dirt to pet hair. Thanks for always being on the lookout for great deals. Sending hugs your way!

6. November 23, 2018 / 10:05 pm

& then there’s always Buy Nothing Day…

• November 26, 2018 / 1:00 am

And that’s the most frugal day of all! 😉

7. November 24, 2018 / 4:08 pm

Nice deals but I don’t bother unless I really need something. I do enough buying on impulse during the year.
    Happy Holidays Caz.

8. November 25, 2018 / 12:15 am

Black Friday deal for me turned out to be
    Affinity Design software from the UK… yay!
    I’d been eyeing it for a while 😍💜Jackie@KWH

• November 26, 2018 / 12:59 am

Oooo very nice! I know next to nothing about it as I’ve not used it myself, but what I have heard has been positive. I bet you’re looking forward to getting that to try out! 🙂