I was first tagged for this by the lovely Jen at Tripping Through Treacle and then by the wonderful Terri at Reclaiming Hope. Thanks guys! ♥
It’s important to remember that we’re all still human with experiences, with things we’ve done and dreams we nurture. We’re not our illnesses. I think this tag is great idea to give a quick snapshot of those of us in the blogging world with chronic/invisible illness, so here we go:
Four places I’ve lived:
1. Herefordshire, UK.
2. Gloucestershire, UK.
3. In my own head, MiddleOfNowhere.
4. UnspecifiedWarmCountry with my Invisible Golden Retriever, North Heaven.
Four places I’ve worked:
1. A cleaning company as an administrator (with an evening cleaning shift for extra pennies).
2. An airplane company sorting out repairs for aircraft like the 747.
3. A psychological profiling company working with aerospace staff…
4. A charity working with the vulnerable and disadvantaged in society.
Four favourite hobbies:
1. Reading (with a penchant for American crime thrillers).
2. Walking around the park when I can manage to.
3. Movies & boxsets, snuggled with a blanket and snacks.
4. Writing & blogging.
Four things I like to watch:
1. When I’m in the right kind of mood, a bit of anime, or a bit of comedy (films or stand-up).
2. Various Netflix goodness, like Orange Is The New Black, Stranger Things, Jessica Jones.
3. Horror thriller films.
4. People! I like people watching while I’m out drinking a hot chocolate somewhere, wondering what their stories are and where they’re going.
Four things I like to read:
1. Harlan Coben
2. Linda Fairstein
3. David Baldacci
4. Tess Gerritsen, Michael Connelly, and a few more – I can’t help but cheat on this one!
Four places I have been:
1. Indianapolis (to work for 6 weeks).
2. Bath, UK (for a residential week doing a research project with the Open University, then a few years later for a hospital appointment).
3. Salou, Spain (and I’d love to go back and stay where it’s warm & sunny!)
4. Barcelona (this is a bit of a cheat one as I’ve not been to many exciting places, but I did this as a bus trip for the day when I was in Salou).
Four things I love to eat:
1. Dry cereal. Sounds odd, but dry Frosties can be a great popcorn alternative for a film night!
2. Chicken with anything (rice, noodles, chips, salad, as a roast dinner). It’s staple for me, even more so since my surgeries as my stoma isn’t such a fan of other meat.
3. Salad (lettuce, cucumber, red onion, peppers – no dressing!)
4. Lindt Lindor chocolate. Nothing can quite beat it.
Four favourite things to drink:
1. Tea (what’s making up 90% of my veins).
2. Whiskey (Jack or Jim are the best company).
3. Hot chocolate (no cream, yuck) I love the frothy milk with sprinkles on top; I spend longer spooning that all off than I do drinking the hot chocolate itself. If it’s warmer weather then I’d swap this for a chocolate milkshake.
4.Cider (especially on warm, sunny days).
Four places I want to visit:
1. Australia – To see family and enjoy the gorgeous scenery and weather.
2. Japan – Always wanted to go here for the culture and buzz, and also to see less busy areas where there are beautiful cherry blossoms and the bamboo forest.
3. Grand Canyon – As part of a bucket list, American road trip.
4. Brighton – This should be easier being in the UK but there are a lot of places in the country I’d like to go but have never been, Brighton and Edinburgh included.
Four bloggers I’d like to tag:
I often leave this open for anyone, but I’d like to include a few here so other readers can check you awesome bloggers out! No pressure to do the tag, but I’d love to read your answers if you do (and apologies if you’ve already been nominated).
- Lindsay at Musings Of A Dysautonomiac
- Nat at Surviving Life’s Hurdles
- AnnaLisa at The Worry Games
- Sam at My Medical Musings