A Little Distraction

I don’t know about you, but I’m already feeling a bit worn down with the Christmas commotion. It’s important to schedule a little down time, and mini-distractions in your day can really help. Here are a few suggestions, with no Christmas in sight!

Take A Browse On YouTube

There are heaps of videos on a variety of topics on YouTube. It’s a haven for distraction. Check out ‘top’ lists for the best in funny videos because laughter really is the best medicine sometimes. Lifewire lists their own Top 10 here.

A Little Health & Beauty Shopping

Holland & Barrett are back with their penny sale  (And you can get NEXT DAY delivery or Collect From Store for A PENNY until 8pm 21st December) ?

Doggy Chuckles

I love golden retrievers (no secret here…) so this is a cute video, but also one that will hopefully make you chuckle!

Soulful Songs

This is one of my favourite songs – Where Is My Mind – firstly by the Pixies and then by Placebo. I’ll share Placebo’s version here as it’s a band I adore.

Puzzle It Out

There are plenty of free puzzle sites online to get your teeth stuck in to and distract yourself from all things Christmas, while keeping your brain nimble. For instance, there are crosswords from BoatLoadPuzzles, a host of games at Gamesgames.com and even jigsaws from JigsawPlanet.

Other Ideas

There are plenty things you can integrate into mini-breaks throughout your day to give your brain and body a break from Christmas shenanigans. A Netflix session, hot chocolate & a good book, get some pencils out & release your inner artiste, go for a walk, take some photos, reach out & contact someone you haven’t spoken to in a while, visit online forums, a home spa retreat (think nice bath, foot scrub, face mask, hand lotion), boardgames & jigsaw puzzles, and colouring books.

If you’re feeling a little frazzled or fed up with Christmas already, perhaps you need to take a little distraction break every now and then – and make sure a little laughter is on your list! Do you have any favourite distractions?

1. December 21, 2017 / 9:35 pm

CAZ- these are great! Distraction breaks… I WILL be putting a few breaks in for sure. Nice variable of ideas to use too.~Kim

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 3:58 am

Good to hear you’ll be making sure to give yourself some much-needed distraction breaks! Thanks for the lovely comment Kim 🙂
      x

2. December 21, 2017 / 9:48 pm

Colouring is on my list, over Christmas and a couple of dvd’s.

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 3:57 am

Any DVDs in particular you’re looking forward to watching? Glad you’ll be getting some distraction breaks in Liz 🙂

• December 22, 2017 / 11:14 am

The two dvd’s I have bought for the Christmas period for me and my mum to watch are, “Coach Carter” and “Walking Tall.”

“Coach Carter” is based on a true story and “Walking Tall” is an action movie. Both that me and my mum will like. So I am looking forward to watching them. 🙂

• InvisiblyMe
          Author
          December 22, 2017 / 3:11 pm

Ooo I can never say no to a bit of Dwayne Johnson – enjoy those! 🙂

• December 23, 2017 / 11:27 am

Will do, thanks. 🙂

3. December 22, 2017 / 4:07 am

puzzles and coloring, sometimes praying or reading. Hope you find your down time to enjoy 🙂 Hope you are doing well.

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 6:56 am

I hope you can schedule plenty of those distraction breaks over the holidays for yourself, a little rest and a break from business is important. Thank you Gail – I hope you are well too 🙂 x

• December 22, 2017 / 7:58 am

I am blessed. Thank you, Caz. 🙂

4. The Daisy Pages
    December 22, 2017 / 11:47 am

A lovely list of distractions, Caz 🙂 It’s important just to switch off, and get cozy and warm with a good book or movie. Netflix is a favourite here too, and I’m so enjoying Victoria at the moment. It’s something I look forward to at the end of the day. Best wishes for you and your family over the holidays x

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 3:12 pm

It’s great when there’s something you’re really into and can enjoy looking forward to at the end of the day – enjoy Victoria! Thank you for the lovely wishes – All the very best to you and your family for a wonderful Christmas!xx

5. December 22, 2017 / 6:35 pm

Funny youtube clips are a great distraction, got round to watching Harry Enfield with youngest boy. Another good one (along the lines of colouring) is to do anything that is a bit creative. The other day I decorated a pair of black canvas shoes with glitter pens, it didn’t quite go according to plan but hey they’ll be great for walking the dog. Have a fab Christmas, really love your posts.

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 6:41 pm

Thank you Suzanne! I would love to see those shoes! I bought a pair of fake converse style pumps a few years ago (Sainsbury’s, I think) that were glittery and loved them. Never thought of taking a glitter pen to my own! I hope you and the youngest enjoyed Enfield – laughter really can lighten things so much.
      Wishing you & your family a wonderful Christmas! 🙂 xx

6. December 22, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I am totally not using my overprice internet to its fullest. I haven’t YouTubed a funny animal video in I can’t remember how long. I like finding new songs on YouTube, that is kind of my thing. I was over Christmas last year, before it got started really.

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 22, 2017 / 7:14 pm

I think that Christmas is overrated so you’re not alone there. However, YouTube is a haven for funny animal videos and they can really make you smile so I highly recommend using your Internet allowance to its fullest Leslie! 🙂

7. December 23, 2017 / 9:57 pm

absolutely love this, Cas 🙂

• InvisiblyMe
      Author
      December 24, 2017 / 6:14 am

Thanks, glad you liked it! xx

• December 24, 2017 / 11:07 pm

would love to reblog but didn’t see a reblog button on it…

• InvisiblyMe
          Author
          December 25, 2017 / 8:08 am

Sorry… I think it’s a glitch with this theme, I’m not sure how it could be reblogged either! I think the only way is copying/pasting the URL link into a new post. It’s very kind of you to want to share it 🙂
          x

• December 27, 2017 / 5:36 am

if it helps, wordpress.com/help offers free help via chat

as for linking, will keep in mind for the future 🙂