My hair used to be so thick as a kid, I remember complaining about it. It wasn’t fine enough to do anything overly pretty with, it would just frizz up and get in the way. Whether it’s hair dye and straighteners, environmental junk, or health conditions, hair really notices. I think a combination of these things, including deficiencies, thyroid problems, stress and hormones have all played a role in my hair getting much finer and appearing thinner. Way to make a girl self-conscious!
As well as avoiding harsh products and getting a regular trim, here are 6 things for helping damaged and thinning hair :
1. Tangle Teezer – I resisted buying one of these for a long time, thinking they were a bit of a pricey fad. Now that I’ve owned mine for about a year, I don’t use a regular hairbrush at home anymore. This has been one of my better investments; it’s easy to use, effectively gets through knots and leaves hair in a shiny condition with less damage and breaking overall.
2. Going every other day without straightening – Constant use of hairdryers and straighteners will take their toll eventually, so try to go a little longer between their use. It’s a good excuse to try out a braid, up-do or a hat too!
3. Plump up with Schwarzkopf got2b 2 Sexy Volumizing Mousse on dry hair, Batiste dry shampoo when in need of a quick lift, and TRESemme Protect Heat Defence Styling Spray to protect hair before attacking it with heat.
4. Move your parting to the other side – Your hair gets used to where it’s at and will start to fall flat on both sides. Moving it over (secure in place the first day with a grip if need be) gives it an instant perk.
5. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Conditioner – This is a leave in conditioner that really does nourish hair. I’d always heard Aussie was good… Now I know why. Treat your hair once or twice a week with this, paying particular attention to dry ends. Love this stuff.
6. Garnier Ultimate Blends Strength Restorer – I’m currently using the Garnier Strength Restorer shampoo and conditioner, both of which are lovely to use with a sweet scent and leave hair feeling more manageable and soft.