Thank you, Ella at Testarossa, for nominating me for the Real Neat Blog Award! I don’t always like ‘chain’ posts, but in the spirit of sharing and exploring new blogs I’ll give it a go…
1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Tricky one…! I would probably say chicken, because I eat it A LOT and it’s one meat that I can mange well since the ileostomy. Not sure I’d want plain chicken forever so perhaps I’ll make that Peri Peri chicken (with fries and salad if I’m going to cheat a little).
2. Have you ever broken a bone? If so, what’s the story!? I’ve never broken a bone, but I’m almost certain I had a hairline fracture on my big toe when I was in secondary school after doing the hurdles. Of course, when I complained of being in agony the teachers thought I was pulling a fast one trying to get out of doing more. I only had an X-ray done weeks later to confirm but by then it was too late. Weeks spent hobbling around and another reason I hate sports!
3. Are you good at remembering your dreams? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I remember one from when I was a child having a ‘to be continued’ line at the end as if I were watching a movie, and a few weeks later having a follow-on dream to it as promised!
4. Where do you buy most of your clothes? Wherever there’s a sale or a discount code to be used – I’m nothing if not a bargain lover.
5. Are you good at keeping secrets? Yes, very much so. I’ve been told I’m a good listener, a vault and empathic. Perhaps my only talent/skill…
6. Do you have any regrets? Sadly too many to name. I wish I could be one of those to say I don’t have any, but I have regrets of things done , and more regrets of things not said or done. I wish I had been more open and honest with someone rather than giving up a relationship to avoid it; I wish I had somehow pushed harder with doctors or gone private to avoid years of being fobbed off; I wish I had learned to be more carefree with my life and say ‘yes’ more often. The moral of the story? It’s painful to regret the things you don’t do and the things you don’t say, so take the risk while you have the chance.
7. Rom Com or Action movies? Action all the way (unless I’m in a weird headspace and need to zone out to something mindless, then a naff rom com does the trick)!
1. Post the Award logo and answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2. Thank the person who nominated you in your post and link to their blog.
3. Nominate and link to some bloggers you’d like to see respond.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer & let them know they are nominated in a comment on their blog.
Nominations … I nominate the following for the Award :
Small World, Smaller Girl
Question Time …
- What would your perfect day look like?
- What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
- What has been your biggest challenge?
- When does the festive Christmas season start for you, if you celebrate it at all?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever spotted lying around anywhere?
- What do you wish you had learned earlier?
- What has been your highlight, positive or negative, of 2016 so far?