5 Products To Keep You Cool This Summer

The warm weather has hit the UK, and I’m sure it’s elsewhere, too. We’re due another week of high temperatures, followed by a warm summer with a few more extreme heatwaves thrown in for good measure. It can make even the healthiest of us feel unwell, and aggravate conditions for those with chronic illnesses. Keeping cool is important, so here are a few things that can help reduce the heat and keep you feeling as well as possible.

★  ★  ★

Multi-Purpose Cooling Gel Pads

JML’s Chillmax is an interesting one as it’s a multi-purpose gel pad that can be used at home or on the move in a few different ways. The gel is designed to transfer any heat away from your body, and the pad can be used as a pillow, cushion or mat. You could use it in your pillow when you go to bed, to prop your feet on, as a cushion on public transport, for use on sore joints and muscles, or even to cushion your laptop so as to prevent heat on your legs. For extra chill, pop it in the fridge first. It’s super easy and practical in use, portable in size and lightweight, and it can be wiped down for quick cleaning.

You can also find the JML Chillmax on eBay

Cooling Towels

I thought this silly when I first saw it, thinking ‘just use a regular flannel’, but these Bogi cooling towels are actually made from bamboo fibre and stay chilled for at least 3 hours, which is pretty impressive! Soft, multi-purpose and effective, these are great for cooling down in the warm weather. You can also find them on eBay.

Feel The Breeze With A Fan

A basic desk fan can do a great job for up-close cooling, such as the budget-friendly Oypla fan.

If you’re looking for something a bit bigger for more power and larger spaces, there’s the Ansio tower fan with a 4.5 star rating, currently reduced and with free delivery.

Cooling Spray

The Boots Hot Weather Cooling Spray is available at Boots online and is suitable for children and adults for instant refreshment and cooling on your face and body.  It costs £3.99 (free next day click & collect from store, or £3.50 delivery/free over £45 spend).

There’s also the classic Magicool spray available on Amazon and on eBay.

Stay Hydrated

The importance of hydration can’t be said enough, so keep fluids handy throughout the day. Opt for a BPA-free bottle that will keep water tasting fresh and cold, such as the one I use and would highly recommend, the Super Sparrow bottle.

If you don’t already use one, I’d definitely suggest a water filter jug for the fridge over tap water. In the long run, this is far cheaper than relying on bottled water and far tastier and healthier than tap water. Keep electrolytes up with juice and squash, or blend up a few fruits & veggies in a blender to pack in the nutrients.

How do you cope in the warmer weather?  If the sun is shining where you are, I hope you stay cool and as well as possible.

1. June 29, 2018 / 3:07 pm

Great tips. Might have to check out that cooling towel sounds like a great idea – cool for 3 hours very impressive.

• July 1, 2018 / 5:21 pm

They do seem pretty cool, especially with staying cold for so long & being so practical for different uses. I hope you like them if you do order one! Thanks for the comment & have a lovely week ahead 🙂

2. June 29, 2018 / 4:16 pm

The spray and the towel are winners in my book.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

• July 1, 2018 / 5:20 pm

I’m looking forward to trying the spray, quite interested in ordering the towels too as they seem so versatile (might use them on my head when I get migraines)! Thanks for the comment and I hope the weekend has been a good one for you 🙂

3. June 29, 2018 / 4:28 pm

I’ve just ordered one of those towels 😊 already got a tower fan, a cooling gel pad and a water bottle….. melting here 😥

• July 1, 2018 / 5:19 pm

You’ll be all stocked up before long then and if all these things don’t help, well, don’t worry because it’ll be cold again before we know it! Hope the towels help, they do seem pretty versatile and useful to have to hand. I hope you’ve been able to keep cool and relax this weekend 🙂

4. June 29, 2018 / 4:52 pm

Great idea. I will have to try the cooling spray.

• July 1, 2018 / 5:18 pm

I’m going to order that one, too. There were a couple of things on my Boots list (antibac wipes, shower gel, hand wash – you know, exciting things!) that I wanted to get so I’ll click & collect them. Fingers crossed it’s good – hope it helps if you do get one too! 🙂

5. Mishka
    June 29, 2018 / 5:55 pm

Great ideas! We have no AC at our house as it didn’t use to get hot where I live. It’s next to see some new options on the market!

• June 30, 2018 / 6:06 pm

I was surprised by some things too when I researched options for this post. Good to know there are a few extra ways to cool down while at home or out and about! Have a lovely weekend 🙂

6. June 29, 2018 / 6:44 pm

Fantastic advice Caz! Thank you SO much for sharing these great products! I think they could be extremely useful considering it seems that summer is going to be unbearably hot this year!!!

• July 1, 2018 / 5:06 pm

It definitely seems to be a strangely hot time this year so far, but it sneaks up on you and we’re so unprepared because it’s usually so changeable and chilly. Glad you like the post – thanks for the comment lovely, hope you’re having a relaxing weekend and managing to keep cool 🙂

7. June 29, 2018 / 7:33 pm

These are some great suggestions Caz! It’s in the 90’s F here this week, so I’m staying inside in the air conditioning. Those cooling towels are a lifesaver when you have to be outside in the heat. When doing any gardening or anything, you can drape them around your neck to help you stay cool while you work.

• July 1, 2018 / 5:03 pm

Staying indoors with air-con sounds like a good idea in that kind of heat, Terri. I’m glad you find those cooling towels so useful, they certainly seem very practical and useful! Thanks for the comment – I hope you’re having a lovely (and cool!) weekend xx

8. June 30, 2018 / 10:02 pm

Fans and water bottles are a must over here! Great selection 🙂

• July 1, 2018 / 5:02 pm

I hadn’t had a fan for years but got one because of my breathing recently and now it’s coming in very handy with the warmth. Glad you liked the post – hope your weekend has been going well, Christy 🙂

9. Nick
    July 1, 2018 / 11:59 am

Great post. Fans are definitely an essential in this weather. I am also very glad to have aircon in my car, although for most of the year I don’t need it!

• July 1, 2018 / 5:01 pm

I think Hyundai decided they’d make their air-con for the typical British weather, ie. not bothering with it because sunshine is so rare! Thanks for the comment, Nick – stay cool! x

10. July 1, 2018 / 12:27 pm

Some fab idea. Think that fan you mentioned might also be on promotion at Ryman at the moment.

• July 1, 2018 / 4:58 pm

I hadn’t even thought of Rymans, that’s a good option to check if you’re passing by there! 🙂

11. July 1, 2018 / 8:17 pm

I didn’t even know most of these existed!! Thank you so much for this list. The hot weather makes me unwell so I am planning on buying a cooling spray now. Thank you. 😄😄

• July 6, 2018 / 4:27 pm

I’m glad this offered a little inspiration – there are lots of great products to help keep cool so I think it’s a good investment to try some out as the heat tends to creep up on us when we’re not prepared for it! Happy Friday, Rose 🙂

12. July 1, 2018 / 10:37 pm

Excellent!

13. July 3, 2018 / 10:38 am

An excellent post during a week of hellish heat. I looked up the cooling spray but they don’t seem to carry it in my neck of the woods. Hope you’re able to stay cool xo

• July 6, 2018 / 4:26 pm

I think you can still order a spray from Boots online for click & collect, they’ll just ship one from the nearest store that stocks it I believe. It’s incredible the heat is continuing..! Stay cool & happy Friday, Angela 🙂

14. July 6, 2018 / 4:06 pm

cooling pad is the perfect option at home or office.

• July 6, 2018 / 4:23 pm

Totally agree, it’s very versatile for different uses and places! Thanks for the comment 🙂

15. July 8, 2018 / 1:01 am

I drink a lot of water and fan myself a lot, even though my husband says it doesn’t help to fan yourself… Other than that, I don’t over-exert myself if it’s much too hot.