[ Quick Quote ] Strength Through The Breaks

There will be times when the world breaks you, when your body feels exhausted & your heart hurts. Take time to break and to accept everything you feel. When you’re ready, get back up, dust yourself off and keep going. Those broken places are where strength grows. The cracks will be glued together, beautifully and perfect in their imperfection, by your perseverance, compassion and courage. You will be stronger for the challenges you’ve faced and the dark times you’ve been through, so keep hold of the hope for brighter days.

1. June 21, 2018 / 9:41 pm

I love this quote too. 🙂 xx

2. June 22, 2018 / 7:46 am

3. June 22, 2018 / 12:19 pm

True. Not a good feeling being broken, but I guess we have to face when it happens. Sometimes you get tired when it continues, before you have had a chance of becoming strong from one breakage!

4. June 25, 2018 / 2:51 pm

Love this inspiring and motivating quote ! Indeed it makes you only stronger .

5. June 25, 2018 / 11:26 pm

I’ve never heard of this quote before. Thanks for sharing it!

6. July 6, 2018 / 1:17 pm

There is an old Japanese tradition “Kintsugi ” of repairing pottery cracks with a special lacquer that is dusted with gold or silver. The cracks are seen as beautiful, part of the history of the cup or bowl. I think the “repaired” pottery piece becomes more beautiful, more interesting and is definitely more unique than the original because no two pieces can possibly crack the same way. This quote reminds me of that.

• July 6, 2018 / 4:24 pm

I’d heard of this before but I didn’t know what it was called – Kintsugi – so thank you so much for sharing this! Will read up a bit more on it as it’s fascinating, and such a beautiful perspective to apply to life as well. Happy Friday, Mary! 🙂