Quick Quotes : Heath Ledger

Hey everyone – Happy Saturday! I hope the week has treated you well, and if not, that the next week ahead does.

It’s been a rough week for me but I’m doing a little better today & trying to get back on track. You know when you’re ‘extra sick’, how you can seem to lose a few days? Yeah, that’s happened and now I’m playing catch-up. And losing another hour overnight because the clocks go forward, too. Don’t forget! I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to wave a big hello to spring, though I think it may be fashionably late this year.

Anyway, I wanted to share a fantastic quote from the wonderful late Heath Ledger that really resonated with me and I think is quite true in society, which is sad & frustrating in equal measure. What do you think?

Have a restful weekend 🙂

x

1. March 24, 2018 / 5:47 pm

Sorry to hear you have had a difficult week. Let’s hope that some warmer weather comes our way soon, I think we all need it.

The quotation is so true. And so many people I know who can tick off everything on that list will tell you that they are unhappy. Happiness, is about relationships with friends, family and how we treat other people. I have noticed that some people find it very difficult to be kind to others (and you don’t need religion in your life for this). I also love time on my own, infact I relish it. I try not to depend on others for my own personal happiness (or on acquiring stuff)

• March 25, 2018 / 4:24 pm

I agree – I think the view of happiness (and the relentless search for it) in modern Western society has become quite skewed. I hope you have a good week ahead – thanks for the fab comment! 🙂

2. March 24, 2018 / 5:54 pm

Great quote! God bless Heath Ledger. I miss him so much. I cried the day he died (childhood crush notwithstanding.) I think it’s not that people don’t care if others are happy, but more so it’s something no one thinks to ask. Maybe it’s too “deep” of a question, like no one really wants to know the answer to “How are you?” so everyone just says “I’m fine” even if they’re not.

I’m so sorry you had a rough week. That makes two of us! Our “spring forward” of the clocks was two weeks ago and I still feel off!

3. March 24, 2018 / 6:04 pm

I hope you’re feeling better. I was sick all last week too. You’re right about it feeling like you lost some days. I felt the same way.

I’m pleased to say that I am happy. Every single morning I wake up I smile and am happy for another day.

Have a fabulous day. ♥

• March 25, 2018 / 4:25 pm

I hope you’re doing better now since last week – I’m sorry you’ve been dealing illness and loss of days too!
      That is so awesome to hear that you’re happy and can wake up each morning feeling glad for another day!! 🙂
      Caz xx

4. March 24, 2018 / 7:07 pm

Such a shame about Heath’s early passing… I still think that every time I read his name!
    Yes, being happy is so much more important than having material things… So many people lose sight of that!
    I hope you have peaceful moments today, my friend xx

• March 25, 2018 / 4:27 pm

So talented, so young. He has left behind a lot of goodness, though, from the mark he left on the world and his fans too.
      Thank you , Christy – have a good week ahead! 🙂
      x

5. March 24, 2018 / 9:26 pm

HAPPY Saturday Caz! Hope your’e feeling well real soon.

• March 25, 2018 / 4:27 pm

Thank you Benn, I appreciate that. I hope you’ve had a decent weekend and that next week treats you well! 🙂

6. March 24, 2018 / 9:39 pm

Caz, I am so sorry you have had a difficult week. I really hope things get better for you soon! What does not happen today, might happen tomorrow! Just don’t rush yourself to get caught up on anything! I love Heath’s quote and it is SO true!! No one ever asks if you are happy because I honestly do not think many people care about how others truly feel. But, I care about you Caz and hope you start feeling much better!!!!

• March 27, 2018 / 3:39 pm

“What does not happen today, might happen tomorrow!” – I love this, you’re so right!
      Thank you so much Alyssa, I care about you too and I’m so glad to have ‘met’ you in the blogging world, it’s a blessing to know you. I hope you’re doing okay and that the week is a positive one for you!  ♥
      Caz xx

• March 27, 2018 / 3:39 pm

Now that’s the million dollar question!!
      Could you answer it honestly and say you’re happy? I really hope the answer is yes 🙂

7. March 25, 2018 / 7:36 am

Sorry to hear you have had a rough week feeling ill, I hope that things turn round for you and get a bit easier this week. Love the quote, but think I would be a bit unnerved if a complete stranger asked me if I was happy, Would never know if I dared tell them the truth, but at least if I poured my heart out, I maybe wouldn’t have to see them again so it wouldn’t matter.

• March 27, 2018 / 3:40 pm

Hahah that’s very true with talking to a stranger in that we could probably be more confident saying things in the knowledge we probably wouldn’t see them again. Thank you for the comment Suzanne – have a good week! 🙂

8. March 25, 2018 / 9:23 am

I love this, and its such a shame that the weight of the world was too much for heath ledger!x

• March 27, 2018 / 3:48 pm

The weight of the world can be too much for anyone to bear alone, and it is heartbreaking when it becomes too much for someone. Thank you for the comment Sophie.xx

9. March 25, 2018 / 10:39 am

Great quote, and yes, those “extra sick”days don’t help. Hope next week will be easier for you.

• March 27, 2018 / 3:54 pm

Thank you Viola – I hope you have a good week too! 🙂

10. March 25, 2018 / 10:49 am

So sorry to hear you had a tough week, Caz. I really hope things brighten soon. A change to the clocks always affects me.. Sending you love and a hug, Deborah. xo

• March 27, 2018 / 5:24 pm

I hope you’re doing okay, I think the change of clocks and weather as well can be quite disruptive. Thank you so much for the love and hugs – sending the same your way! 🙂

11. March 25, 2018 / 12:53 pm

Ugh I love this quote so much and yes it is very frustrating.

• March 27, 2018 / 5:25 pm

Frustrating indeed! Glad you love the quote, it really is pretty spot on.
      🙂

12. March 25, 2018 / 7:56 pm

onwards and upwards with every down follows an up so look forward to something good happening ? Its difficult to remain positive all the time , you are human!

Regarding the quote some people feel that life is a competition and they have to compete to make themselves feel worthy.

Happiness comes from knowing people who inspire others even when they are suffering themselves. For you some virtual flowers ? to thank you for being you. X

• March 27, 2018 / 5:27 pm

That’s very true – it’s a case of riding out the downs and looking forward to the upturn that follows. It’s sad that society is viewing life more as a competition, it causes so much unnecessary stress and heartache. Thank you so much for the lovely comment and the virtual flowers Elaine. Have a positive week ?
      Caz xx

13. March 26, 2018 / 2:03 am

I miss him ?

• March 27, 2018 / 5:28 pm

Me too. Such a tragic loss of a beautiful mind and soul, and talent. x

14. March 27, 2018 / 12:50 pm

Great quote Caz,

because based on prejudice it is implied that you are happy if you have all that.Nobody “ask do you want that “. I am against those rules imposed by state, by society. Why we all need to be the same !?

• March 27, 2018 / 5:29 pm

Exactly, Ben! Spot on. We should carve our own paths, figure out what it is we want, not what society tells us we should strive for. Thank you for the brilliant comment – have a positive week! 🙂
      Caz xx

15. March 27, 2018 / 9:58 pm

Love this! We don’t all fit into the same box! 🙂

• March 28, 2018 / 3:05 pm

Exactly – he said it very well!
      Thanks Lynn, glad you liked it 🙂

16. April 5, 2018 / 12:02 am

What a thought-provoking quote, and so true.
    Sorry to hear you’ve been so sick lately. I hope you’re feeling better now. <3

• April 5, 2018 / 2:08 pm

Thank you, the kind wishes are much appreciated! Glad you liked the quote too 🙂

17. April 6, 2018 / 7:38 pm

I LOVE this. Forgive me while I vent for a sec. This is exactly how I felt growing up. People judged me by what I had: a hubby, two kids, a dog, a house, a bunch of degrees, but not one person asked me how I felt. I resented myself and others for a long time because of it

18. April 13, 2018 / 2:04 am

sorry I missed this day, missing out on encouraging you. Praying you are doing better!
    Me and God care <3

• April 17, 2018 / 6:04 pm

Thank you so much, Gail – your compassion as always means the world to me! Take care and I hope your week is a blessed, positive one 🙂