Midweek Motivation : This Too Shall Pass

It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass!

When times get stressful or difficult, it’s important to take a step back and remember that this too shall pass, that things will change. Sometimes we can get consumed by pain or illness, or by our current situation, whatever it may involve. It can become overwhelming, and emotionally you end up even more exhausted than you started.

Not being able to distract yourself or distance yourself from stress/pain/worry in your current situation makes it feel as though it’s going to go on forever. Of course, there may be aspects that are likely to last for the foreseeable future, as is common with chronic/invisible illness. But there are many instances where a situation feels as though it’s never-ending as we are so involved in it that we don’t give ourselves the chance to enjoy anything along the way, nor do we give ourselves the break needed to look after our own wellbeing.

If you are struggling with your own personal situation right now, your health, relationships etc – Keep a little hope burning inside you for a brighter future.

Take heart, because things can and do change. Things don’t stay exactly the same forever.

Free Delivery on all Books at the Book Depository

1. December 20, 2017 / 4:38 pm

This is lovely and with new year round the corner its a nice reminder that things just go on! 🙂

December 21, 2017 / 6:46 pm

Indeed! 🙂

2. December 20, 2017 / 5:28 pm

Absolutely true Caz. I was telling my sister that it feels like this is the end of the world, but 6 months from now she will look back and think, why did I think that was the worst thing ever. I also told her, then a few months from then there will be another, “oh this is the worst thing ever” but again a few months later she’ll look back and go why did I think it was so bad. Life is full of highs and lows. How would we know the highs if we didn’t have the lows. Great post Caz :):)

December 21, 2017 / 6:48 pm

That’s very true, how we need to know the lows to appreciate the highs, and also how there’s always something else (sadly) just around the corner to take the place of the next low/challenge to deal with. Wishing you sister all the very best too Margaret. Thanks for the comment 🙂

• December 21, 2017 / 7:41 pm

It was a pleasure to comment on and a pleasure t read. Thank you for the well wishes, they are much appreciated Caz :):):)

3. Natalie | Surviving life's hurdles
    December 20, 2017 / 6:02 pm

This is me whenever I get an illness on top of my chronic illness, it feels like it’s never going to end! It’s so hard to stay positive but you’re right, it will eventually pass. Thanks for the much needed reminder Caz xx

December 22, 2017 / 3:59 am

You’re welcome, I’m glad you found the reminder a positive one. Thanks for the comment as always Nat 🙂

December 22, 2017 / 4:00 am

No problem, I think we could all use this reminder every now and then 🙂

4. December 20, 2017 / 7:59 pm

My mother used to remind me of that often, that and the greatest thing about feelings is that they change. What a great message to share right now as people are finding themselves in a state of holiday chaos these words are great reminders or grounders. Hoping the New Year brings you better health?

December 22, 2017 / 4:02 am

Sounds like your mother was very wise in reminding you of that. Thank you for stopping by with such a lovely comment – All the best for a happy, healthy New Year to you too Mishka 🙂

5. December 21, 2017 / 12:15 am

It is so important to keep the hope alive and this is such a simple but one of my favorite quotes!!

December 22, 2017 / 4:03 am

Simple is often better I think – glad you liked the post! x

6. December 21, 2017 / 5:48 pm

One of my favorite phrases, “This too shall pass.”

December 22, 2017 / 4:05 am

It’s great, isn’t it? Simple yet powerful.x

7. December 21, 2017 / 6:26 pm

Very true, so easy to get totally engulfed by situations. For good or bad, things do pass

8. December 22, 2017 / 12:53 am

“It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass!” So true! Not all things pass easily, but they will eventually, and that’s what counts. 🙂 I’ll try to keep that in mind next time I’m in a rough patch. Thanks for putting out this reminder. It’s a helpful reminder as the year comes to a close. 🙂

December 22, 2017 / 4:04 am

It can be hard to remember when you’re going through a tough time, but it’s so important and true. Glad you liked the post, thank you for the wonderful comment 🙂 x

9. December 22, 2017 / 3:36 am

Lord! I’ve been saying this for the last week! And yes, it will pass…~Kim

10. December 22, 2017 / 4:12 am

I’ll have to remember that one regarding “It may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass!”
    It adds a light hearted humor without having to sugar coat reality. Nice.

December 22, 2017 / 6:53 am

A little chuckle about things can really help sometimes 🙂

11. December 22, 2017 / 6:42 pm

I have had one nightmare of a health week, nothing overwhelmingly life threatening…but this post definitely speaks to me!

December 22, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I’m glad it spoke to you – Having read your latest post, I definitely think a little breather, some distraction too, is needed. Please take care of yourself xx

December 28, 2017 / 10:34 am

I’m hoping you’re doing a little better now after Christmas – Here’s to hoping for a healthier 2018! 🙂

• December 28, 2017 / 3:27 pm

I’d like to say I am. Truth is, I feel worse. I’m trying to ride out the newest med storm before fearing the worst. – Cheers to the new year, I hope if it is filled with all the answers and healing! 🙂

Thanks for checking in.

December 28, 2017 / 10:31 am

Interesting stuff – I’d not heard of the fable retelling by Fitzgerald, but I had an inkling of a Persian history behind the phrase. Thank you for sharing! Good ol’ Wikipedia 🙂
      x